Technical Manager, Fleet Repair & Maintenance – Abu Dhabi, UAE
GAC Group is a global provider of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services. Established since 1956, the privately-owned Group employs over 9,000 people in more than 300 offices worldwide.
GAC Marine, a division of GAC Group, delivers a comprehensive range of marine transportation services to the offshore industry. It has a proven track-record in many complex offshore projects, providing essential support for all stages of offshore exploration, construction, development and production in selected markets. We participated in building the oil & gas infrastructure in the Middle East and the Caspian Sea, from the seabed up giving us unrivalled experience in providing marine support services to the offshore industry.
Our diverse and specialised fleet of tugs and barges is manned by highly experienced and well-trained crew. Support services include anchor handling, project cargo transportation, platform support, crew changes and supply services, as well as rig moves and tug & barge operations. Our growing fleet includes anchor handling tug supply vessels, platform supply vessels, anchor handling tugs, crew boats, tow tugs, barges and utility vessels. We’re looking for a dynamic Technical Manager to join our Fleet Repair & Maintenance team in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Overall in charge of GAC Marine’s fleet repair and maintenance including the planning and budgeting as well as the recruitment and training of the marine base staff. This position will have authority to approve internal purchase orders with regards to ship maintenance, repairs and dry docking. All external approvals will be allocated by the Managing Director as and when required. This position will report to the Managing Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The coordination of all technical matters in line with the Company’s policies, maritime rules and regulations and industry standards.
- Managing and monitoring repair work in co-ordination with Operation Department.
- Implementing and monitoring the vessels Planned Maintenance System (PMS) in order to ensure reliability and cost optimisation including identifying and implementing appropriate IT solutions.
- Responsible for the urgent repairs of any break down to ensure minimum off-hire.
- Responsible for the procurement of spare parts and consumables for the fleet. This includes inventory and quality control.
- Review of marine base organisation. Identify, recruit as well as replace human resources in coordination with the company’s HR department.
- Support the HR department in recruiting of technical onboard crew.
- Monitor the performance of the vessels and compare with budget. If off-track make necessary corrections.
- Keeping manuals and updating records of vessels machinery and equipment.
- Monitoring of oil records, etc. and ensuring that technical contingency plans and other manuals are updated.
- Monitoring the inventories of mooring equipment, safety equipment, lifesaving, firefighting equipment and portable instruments.
- Coordinating with class and other maritime authorities regarding inspections and certification.
- Reviewing the results of vessels’ inspections and follow-up on all reports of vessels’ condition and performance.
- Issuing maintenance instructions to respective vessel as per requirement.
- Attending to the vessels as and when at base to check and to solve technical issues.
- Managing repairs effectively taking into account the requirements of class, PMS reports, machinery condition report, defect reports, Master & C/E’s reports, national port state and international legislation avoiding any delays to the vessels’ charter commitments.
- Source third party service providers as and when required.
- Ensures that the Company’s HSSE procedure are followed at all times.
- Prepare a project plan with budget schedule for each dry-dock.
- Monitor and maintain the vessels technically emergency preparedness.
- Implement Company’s Environmental Management System Procedures.
- Inspect and evaluate technical suitability for potential vessel acquisitions.
- Set functional department objectives with corresponding KPIs.
- Ensuring that the ship’s drawings and plans and instruction manuals for machinery are correct and up to date as per PMS.
- Review spare parts requisitions received from vessels and monitoring the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the maintenance and safe operation of the vessels.
- Ensuring that the purchase orders for engine spares/stores are reviewed for accuracy and price.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the seagoing personnel in coordination with QHSE Manager and Operations Manager.
Place of Work and Period of Employment
Place of work is Abu Dhabi, UAE. The employment starts as soon as possible and is a permanent position.
Qualifications and Skills
- University graduate with Marine Engineering certification.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a managerial position in a ship repair yard.
- Marine background working experience with a ship yard and knowledge of marine operations preferred.
- Strong computer skills with thorough knowledge of window-based software i.e. MS Office Suite. Good knowledge of computer-based PMS is also desirable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Ability to communicate independently is essential.
Please attach a CV and mark your application “Technical Manager – Abu Dhabi, UAE” and address it to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 24th November 2019.
For more information about the GAC Group please visit www.gac.comAnsök nu