SpecTec is, through its AMOS Solutions, the world leader in provision of Software for planned maintenance and other related functions to the Marine Industry. Since 2012 the company is a fully owned subsidiary to Constellation Software listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in Norway in 1985 years ago and today operates world wide through its offices spread around the globe. SpecTec AB (Sweden) is located in Gothenburg and operates mainly in the Nordic and Baltic markets
A Technical Consultant is a part of the Operations department. The responsibility of Operations is to manage the consultancy, deployment and customizations of the software and corresponding databases in the customer’s IT-environment and to give technical support to other departments. The staff of the department work as an integrated team over the whole scope of the company’s products. Accordingly to the size of each projects the candidate must be able to work both fully independent and as a part of a larger team. The position will include travelling both domestic and international. The day to day language in our Office in Gothenburg is Swedish but the Company language used for documentation and external communication is English.Candidate
- Marine engineer/deck officer with good knowledge in IT
- IT professional with knowledge about maintenance and logistic processes.
The key responsibilities of the Technical Consultant are
- Installation and configuration of SpecTec’s products
- Provision of Support to other Departments
- Provision of Training to Customer
Focus of the recruitment will be on finding the right candidate to match with the rest of the team and not on formal/certified knowledge.
The following is required for the position:
- Able to work independently as well as a part of a team, (both as leader and follower), dependent on situation.
- A sincere interest in IT.
- Showing a high level of initiative; to learn new things, solve problems and come up with new ideas.
- Customer focus.
- Skilled in documentation; both in terms of work carried out and specification and planning work
- Ability to express yourself in English in both speech and text
The following knowledge and competencies are appreciated:
- SQL Querying
- Programming (Powerbuilder, .Net or Java)
- Asset / Maintenance Management
- System administration of Windows Environment
- Project Management
- Driving License
To apply or if you any further questions about the position please contact:
Martin Gadd, Operations Manager