With more than 30 shipyards and related companies all over the world, Damen Shipyards Group is involved in new building as well as conversions, maintenance and repair activities. In addition, they provide a broad range of associated maritime services. Damen shipbuilding activities include a wide range of products, such as tugs, workboats, patrol crafts, cargo vessels, dredgers and even mega yachts and fast ferries. Damen Shiprepair Gotaverken is one of the operating units of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group and based in Gothenburg, Sweden. We do shiprepairs and conversions with two floating drydocks and approximately 1.000 meters of repair quay.
The Project Leader and his/her team are responsible for the preparation, execution, delivery and after sales of the repair, maintenance and conversion projects of seagoing vessels and offshore installations. You report directly to the Operations Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the project (commercial, technical and financial) from order to delivery;
- Lead the project to optimize result and customer satisfaction;
- Monitor the progress and commercial aspects of the project;
- Manage and inspire the project team;
- Negotiate any additional work in advance with the customer;
- Outsourcing of work and risk limitation during the implementation of project;
- Reporting of the project progress and financial;
- Ensure that the environmental and safety regulations are followed.
- You have open communication skills with strong convincing personality and customer and service orientated;
- Theoretical and hands-on knowledge of shiprepair and/or shipbuilding;
- You have many years of experience in managing complex projects with technical, financial and commercial responsibilities;
- Knowledge of materials, steel constructions and processing machines used in shiprepair;
- Knowledge of working conditions, environmental and safety regulations;
- Fluent in English and a Scandinavian language, both verbally and in writing.
If you believe your qualifications match our requirements, please send your application as soon as possible to our HR Manager, Jeanette [email protected]
We address the applications continuously but the deadline for applications is April 14, 2014.