Alandia is a specialized marine insurer that provides Hull & Machinery, P&I, Cargo and Statutory Accident insurance. Since the founding in 1938 we have delivered high quality service to our clients and the maritime industry. Today, Alandia is a leading marine insurance provider in the Nordic, Baltic and international markets.
Alandia is a stable and reliable, S&P A-rated partner who delivers comprehensive insurance solutions adapted to our clients’ individual needs and focuses on long-term relationships.
Our team consists of 35 marine insurance specialists with backgrounds as master mariners, chief engineers, electrical engineers, naval architects, maritime lawyers and technical insurance specialists, located in our offices in Mariehamn, Stockholm and Helsinki.
Currently the number of insured vessels in the portfolio is about 5,500.
What we offer
Alandia´s objective is to be in the lead of the marine insurance industry by increasing focus on loss prevention and creating strategic value for its partners.
In order to keep pace with our expansion and continue to provide first class service we are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join a team with exciting growth potential.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- The Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for the operation and continuous development of our loss preventions function and services
- Plan and implement loss prevention activities
- Ensure good contact with clients and conduct meetings on regular basis in order to assist with their need for loss prevention
- Responsible for the company’s correspondent and survey network
- Initiate and coordinate surveys
- Carry out analyses on trends and results from a claims point of view and plan for corrective and preventive actions, both for clients and in support for the underwriting and claims service functions
- Co-ordinate client and market events such as seminars and conferences
- Participate in development of digital services and tools
- Produce and market loss prevention publications
We are looking for a Professional
- Who is self motivated, outgoing and is successful in building relationships
- Seagoing experience is an advantage, but no requirement
- Prior experience from loss prevention activities is considered an additional qualification
- With sound marine operational knowledge and expertise
- With good administrative, planning and implementation skills
- With ability to demonstrate good time management, leadership and organizational skills
- Good knowledge in conducting analyses and in arranging correct measures
- Fluency in English and excellent English writing skills is a must
- Computer literacy is a must
Location: To be agreed
Employment: Full Time
Remuneration package: to be agreed
Posting date: 29.10.2018
Closing date: 30.11.2018
Please refer your questions to Jan Limnell, Commercial Marine director, +358 18 29659.
Please forward applications, including a full C.V. and salary when applying.Ansök nu