Alandia is a specialized marine insurer that provides Hull & Machinery, P&I, Cargo and Statutory Accident as well as yacht insurance. Since the founding in 1938 we have delivered high quality service to our clients and the maritime industry. Today, Alandia Marine is a leading provider of marine insurance in the Nordic, Baltic and international markets.
Alandia is a stable and reliable, S&P A- rated partner who delivers comprehensive insurance solutions adapted to our clients’ individual needs and we have focus on long-term relationships.
Our team consists of marine insurance specialists with background as master mariners, chief engineers, electrical engineers, naval architects, maritime lawyers, economists and technical insurance specialists, located in our offices in Helsinki, Mariehamn and Stockholm.
Currently, our insured portfolio is around 5,500 vessels. The yacht portfolio is + 30 000 yachts.
What we offer
Alandia is committed to lead the maritime insurance industry by increasing focus on loss prevention and creating strategic value for its partners.
In order to keep pace with its expansion and continue to provide first class service, the company is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join a team with tremendous growth potential. Our team work is based on coaching, competence development, gender equality and encouragement.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Loss Prevention Executive is responsible for the daily operation and continuous development of loss prevention activities
- Follow up on Loss prevention activities in-house and with clients
- Maintain good contact with clients and conduct meetings on regular basis in order to assist with their need for loss prevention
- Carry out analyzes on trends and results from a claims point of view and plan for corrective and preventive actions, both for clients and in support to Underwriting and Claims departments
- Co-ordinate and support client and market events such as seminars and conferences
- Produce and market loss prevention publications
We are looking for a Professional
Who is independent, team player and out-going with excellent social skills
- Operational experience from sea, aviation or similar environment will be an advantage, but no requirement
- Genuine interest and understanding of human factors
- Previous experience from loss prevention activities is meritorious
- With good administrative, planning and project management skills
- With ability to demonstrate good time and change management record
- Good knowledge in conducting analyzes and producing reports
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) combined with excellent writing skills
- Computer literacy is a must
Location: To be agreed
Employment: Full Time
Remuneration package: Attractive
Posting date: 30.6.2019
Closing date: 15.8.2019
For more information about the job please contact Senior Loss Prevention Manager Martti Simojoki, e-mail: [email protected], mobil: +358 40 702 22 58
Please forward applications, including a full C.V. and salary expectations to this link.