Floatel International is an International Group established in 2006 with head office in Oslo and management located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Floatel operate a modern fleet of accommodation and construction support vessels (flotels) for the oil and gas industry in the world. The fleet is designed to meet the increased demands set by new challenging projects in deep water and hostile environments. Floatel International strives to provide superior living standard and support services.
We are looking to employ a HSEQ Manager to our office in Gothenburg who is interested to work in an international and challenging environment.
We are looking for someone who understand the shipping and offshore industry and the health, safety and environmental demands associated with the business.
Important to be familiar with ISM Code, ISPS, MLC as well as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001. This person will also be Designated Person Ashore (DPA) and Company Security Officer (CSO).
You have the ability to plan and prioritize work in a structured way, even in stressful situations. You are service minded, thorough, quality-conscious and has a ”business mindset”. You speak and write Swedish and English fluently.
As HSEQ Manager you are also department manager and have personnel reporting to you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the HSEQ Department Activities and Resources.
- Fully committed to prevent injuries and damage to the environment and property.
- Promote a good working environment.
- Promote high-quality work and performance in accordance with Floatel International’s HSE and Operational Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Ensure continuous improvements of the Company´s Safety Culture.
- Monitor adherence to the Company´s policies.
- Manage the implementation, development, maintenance, and continuous improvements of the Floatel International Management System (FIMS) in accordance with mandatory rules and regulations and other standards as decided by company management.
- Responsible for HSEQ activities, including internal and external audits/inspections in accordance with the plans.
- Responsible for that the Company is certified on a continuous basis in accordance with mandatory rules and regulations and other standards as decided by company management.
- Quality Control of Events reported in the Reporting System, follow-up and approval of NonConformities, Findings and Suggestions for Improvement. Summon and lead NC Group Meetings as required.
- Responsible for compliance verification.
- Responsible for ensuring that Safety Cases and Project Compliance Plans (when applicable) are prepared and maintained.
- Assist Management and Employees in Health, Safety and Working Environment related issues.
- Responsible for investigating, reporting and following-up of all serious incidents occurring within the Company.
- Act as the Management representative/liaison with the relevant Authorities.
- Supporting the Business Acquisition Section with HSEQ parts of prequalification, bidding and contact activities.
- Monitoring the implementation of training programmes to ensure that training is based on safe working methods, and to relevant statutory requirements.
- Report to Senior Management of the overall HSE performance and any need for improvement.
- Follow-up and evaluation of the Company´s Objectives and Targets.
- Participate in and lead HAZOP, HAZID and other Risk Assessment workshops as applicable.
- Represent the Management in meetings with the staff and crew promoting Company Policies, Core Values, Management Commitment and strengthening the Safety Culture.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Intranet.
- University Degree in Engineering, Nautical Science or similar.
- Min. 2 years of marine or offshore experience, and preferably 2 years’ experience working in a HSEQ Management role onshore.
- Applicable experience from working with local legislation.
- Good to Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience with word processing in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience from HSE Audits and Incident Investigations.
- Able to interact and communicate well with all levels of management and personnel.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in teams in a changing environment.
- Personal drive and motivation with ability to take initiative.
We offer a role with much own responsibility in an international and challenging environment in new and modern offices in central Gothenburg.
Type of employment: Fulltime
Commencement date: August 2022 as per agreement.
We will review applicants continuously and the position can be filled before the last application date, so please send your CV and cover letter to us as soon as possible and latest 31 May 2022.
For questions about the position, please contact COO Per Marzelius tel: +46(0)31 352 0751 or questions about the recruitment process please contact HR Onshore Manager Sandra Palmgren tel: +46(0)31 352 0715.
Please also refer to our website www.floatel.se for more information and to apply for this position.