The Swedish Club is a leading marine mutual insurer, head-quartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, with offices in Hong Kong, London, Oslo, Piraeus, and Tokyo. The Swedish Club was established in 1872 and today we employ about 120 staff members. We offer P&I, FD&D, Marine & Energy and various ancillary covers for selected clients. The Club is a member of the International Group of P&I Clubs.
Head of Claims, P&I – Team Gothenburg
Our team in Gothenburg is responsible for the Club’s business in Europe. As a member of The Swedish Club staff we can promise an international and stimulating business setting. We offer a service, to clients and business partners, which is characterised by skill and a professional approach. Our core values Proactive, Committed and Reliable are important guiding stars in our daily work.
As a Head of Claims, P&I you will be responsible for the P&I and FD&D Claims within the Team Gothenburg.
Examples of work tasks:
- Responsible for the personnel within the P&I Claims group (competence development, manning, salaries etc)
- Registration and Investigation of claims
- Advice on scope of coverage
- Assist members with nautical and legal advice in insurance related matters
- Reviewing incoming reports by surveyors, consultants and lawyers
- Negotiate with opponents
- Verify and approve fees
- Assist in reporting to Reinsurers/Board of Directors
- Participating in and organizing seminars
- Travel to attend investigations and legal proceedings or to assist and meet with members
Place of work and period of employment
The place of work is our office in Gothenburg. The employment starts as soon as possible and is to be of a permanent nature.
You have 5-7 years’ experience from practising maritime law with a law firm, shipping company or a P&I Club. Experience from a shipping company is also relevant.
You also need:
- good knowledge of time- and voyage charterparties and related disputes
- good negotiation skills
- fluency in English
- cultural and social skills
- good leadership skills
We are looking for an open and service minded person, with ability to analyse the fine print without losing sight of the bigger picture and the Member’s needs. A proactive approach and work style is required as are commitment, responsibility and reliability.
Please mark your application “Head of Claims, P&I” and address it to: [email protected]
Please attach CV. We are reviewing applications and interviewing continuously but the deadline is Oct 27, 2018.
For further information please see www.swedishclub.com or feel free to contact
the Area Manager Team Gothenburg, Johan Kahlmeter +46 31 638 411 or the HR Director Britta Patriksson +46 31 638 433.