Wallenius Wilhelmsen is operating approximately 130 large cargo ships trading globally. These vessels, as well as new ships entering the fleet, need to constantly adapt to prevailing regulations and sustainability goals.
Global shipping is responsible of 2-3% of global CO2 emissions. Wallenius Wilhelmsen is currently leading the way to zero emissions through enhanced utilization of current technology, as well as implementation of NEW technologies, and if you are interested to join this important work this is your chance.
We are now searching for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to the Fleet Connectivity & Automation unit in the Marine Operations Management of Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
Through this assignment you will work with projects and initiatives in the field of electrification, electronics and IoT, automation & AI, vessel IT and communication systems – for both the existing fleet as well as for newbuilds.
In this position your initiatives and innovative mindset will have a true impact, on both the business and the planet.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Project Engineering (be the technical requirements owner, ensure quality and drive progress from assessment to completion):
- Electrification and automation initiatives (shore power, electrical hybrid systems, automation systems, power generation systems etc.)
- Sensor system upgrades, IoT infrastructure maintenance, expansion of instrumentation and sensor footprint
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders owning, driving and assessing business cases that might need implementation of new and enhanced technology
- Assess, calculate, analyze and advise on business cases for new technology adoptions
- Analyze electrical performance on component, system or vessel level
- Ensure innovation with sustainability and efficiency in mind by exploring and testing new technologies
- Assist on workstreams in Fleet Connectivity & Automation
- Be the subject matter expert on electrical and automation systems and provide support to other projects and initiatives within Marine Operations Management
Provide inputs to technical fleet guidelines and quality assurance
Qualifications and experience:
- B.Sc./M.Sc. (or similar) in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering, Automation/Cybernetics/Control Systems, Mechatronics or Marine Technology
Electrician or Chief Engineer with seagoing background and very strong interest in innovation, sustainability, electrification and digitalization
- Need to have good knowledge in electrical power generation, distribution and electrification
- Experience with batteries, DC-grids, PTI/PTO technologies or other hybrid electrical systems is an advantage
- Understanding of instrumentation, including different interface types, communication protocols etc. is a must
- Innovative mindset combined with willingness to learn from and utilize decades of successful operation of heavy assets in a demanding and challenging industry
- Be able to convert corporate strategies into technical innovations
- Interest and willingness to test new technologies and challenge the established while appreciating the heritage and historical timelines
- Strong analytical capability
- Technically curios and business oriented
- Unafraid of picking up the phone, expanding the contact network and utilize partnerships where applicable
- Collaborative attitude is important, the project execution and initiatives normally involve many stakeholders in a highly international environment, and both independent work and team work is to be expected in this role
We are an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a values-driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
A crucial success factor for any company is to make use of people’s differences and you can easily search by registering your CV by clicking on the application button below or with your Linkedin profile. Selection and interviews will be ongoing. If you have any questions pls contact Iréne Nilsson, 070-279 8321.
With reference to GDPR we do not have the opportunity to receive any applications by mail.
We look forward to receiving your application!