The Steel & Pipe Manager has the ultimate responsibility for the Steel & Pipe department to maximize the efficiency and productivity within the department through daily guidance and be a support to other departments and employees and their tasks. You report directly to the Operations Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work can be done both in workshop and on board vessels;
- Qualitative and efficiently perform the work assigned to the department;
- Responsible for welding procedures;
- Be a part of a project team that the project leader appoints;
- Inspections of vessels may involve traveling.
- Knowledge of ship technology, structure, function, procedure, routine and standards;
- Strong leadership and communications skills;
- Technical training related to the department´s work tasks;
- Knowledge of budget routine;
- Quality oriented and focused on details;
- Knowledge of materials, steel constructions and processing machines used in shiprepair;
- Knowledge of working conditions, environmental and safety regulations;
- Fluent in English and a Scandinavian language, both verbally and in writing.
With more than 30 shipyards and related companies all over the world, Damen Shipyards Group is involved in new building as well as conversions, maintenance and repair activities. In addition, they provide a broad range of associated maritime services. Damen shipbuilding activities include a wide range of products, such as tugs, workboats, patrol crafts, cargo vessels, dredgers and even mega yachts and fast ferries. Damen Shiprepair Gotaverken is one of the operating units of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group and based in Gothenburg, Sweden. We do shiprepairs and conversions with two floating drydocks and approximately 1.000 meters of repair quay.