Floatel International is an International Group established in 2006 with head office in Oslo and management located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Floatel operate a modern fleet of accommodation and construction support vessels (flotels) for the oil and gas industry in the world. The fleet is designed to meet the increased demands set by new challenging projects in deep water and hostile environments. Floatel International strives to provide superior living standard and support services.
Are you an Electrical Engineer with experience from the Maritime industry?
Then the job as a Principal Engineer – Electrical Systems at our Technical Department in Gothenburg might be something for you. You will be the engineering leader for design reviews, projects, problem solving and compliance work for Electrical Systems on our in-service vessels and conversions, working closely together with our team of discipline leads, Technical Superintendents and the vessel officers.
You will work in an international and challenging environment which requires you to understand the shipping and offshore industry and the electrical engineering demands associated with it. As you are continuously working with fleet optimization to assure that the vessels are appropriately designed, configured and maintained for high availability, low life cycle cost and safe operation, you also have a unique opportunity to drive energy efficiency improvements to reduce the environmental footprint.
To work with us you need to be very good at taking initiatives and getting things done, deliver what has been agreed and be structured in everything you do. You are a very good team member and like working together with other people in your own team and across the organization, but you can deliver also when the pressure is high and its only up to you. You must be comfortable in leading people and be able to take on that role when needed.
- Company responsible for electrical installations onboard our vessels.
- Develop and maintain technical specifications and related procedures.
- Develop strategies securing fleet wide optimization.
- Lead electrical systems design reviews and in house engineering for conversion projects as well as studies and investigations related to on-board electrical systems.
- Develop and maintain required supplier network, act as company point-of-contact and responsible from a technical, commercial and quality point of view towards suppliers.
- Support the vessels to secure operational uptime.
- Follow-up and monitor status of equipment, systems, installations, functions and performance.
- Monitor and keep up to date with state of the art and general technical developments and trends and propose relevant improvements with regards to system performance, functionality and safety.
- Responsible for other assigned systems or disciplines.
- M.Sc. or similar in electrical engineering with minimum 3 years experience from marine high/medium voltage power systems.
- Experience from design or advanced diagnostics in Marine electrical power systems and power distribution systems.
- Proven project management skills
- Communicate and interact well with all levels of management and personnel in both Swedish and English.
- Experience from working with maritime rules and regulations.
- Experience from design of electrical power systems on Dynamically Positioned vessels (DP3) is an advantage.
We offer a role with a lot of responsibilities in an international and challenging environment in new and modern offices in central Gothenburg.
Frequent travels to our vessels and to shipyards and suppliers around the world will be a natural part of the job
Type of employment: Permanent (fulltime)
Commencement date: July/August 2022 or as per agreement
We will review applicants continuously and the position can be filled before the last application date, so please send your cv and cover letter to us as soon as possible and latest June 19.
For questions about the position, please contact Manager for the Technical Department Alexander Östberg, tel: +46 31 352 07 34 or HR Onshore Manager Sandra Palmgren tel: +46 (0)31 352 07 15 when it is question about the process. Please also refer to our website www.floatel.se for more information and to apply for the position.