We are now looking for a Fleet Superintendent to join our office in Gothenburg.
You will monitor and control the smooth operation of assigned vessels. You will ensure a cost efficient and effective vessel operation and help create a strong safety culture onboard with a direct reporting to the Fleet Manager.
Some of your key responsibilities:
– Responsible for the vessels assigned to the Fleet Group from a safety, operational and financial perspective.
– Review of ship orders for repairs, dry-dockings, refits, spares and stores in accordance with the Company purchasing procedures.
– Technical operations on the vessel including compliance with statutory legislative requirements
– Carry out audits and inspections on board
– Deriving, implementing and maintaining budgetary control within the annual budget
– Overseeing vessel operational and technical performance.
– Liaison, as required, with external agencies such as Flag State, Class, P&I & HM Clubs.
– Together with the Senior Master, Senior Chief Engineer and People Department being responsible for the appointments of all ranks in the Deck and Engine Department.
– Responsible to carry out Annual Appraisals of Senior Masters and Senior Chief Engineers.
What you will experience
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
An exciting and hands-on position with international reach from a local position. You will have the possibility of continuous professional and personal development in an international and modern shipping environment as a part of Stena Line. As the work environment is very important to us, we offer a flexible work schedule, wellness, and various employee events in an informal organization with a great atmosphere.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. You are flexible, communicative and used to work at high speed on different tasks. Your ability to work independently, make quick decisions and drive your own work forward is important.
You enjoy team work and always strive to learn more and develop, both yourself and your team. We also believe you have good organizational and analytical skills and with your solid experience and competence in the area, we believe you can contribute and help the Fleet Operations department on our exiting journey ahead.
– Marine Engineer, Master Degree or equivalent
– Extensive Leadership Experience
– Excellent communication skills and good working knowledge of English
– Project Management Experience
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Fleet department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 16th of June, 2022. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Fleet Manager Scandinavia, Thomas Ahrenkiel – Mobile: +46704858655 or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Anna Svedberg, Talent Acquisition Partner, [email protected]
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers. The journey starts with us.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.Back to jobs list
Published: May, 19, 2022
Category: Fleet Operations
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: June, 16, 2022Apply