Wallenius Marine AB is a world leading Ship Management and Ship Design company and has for decades been leading the way towards truly sustainable shipping. Focus on the environment is key to Wallenius Marine. In addition to traditional managing and crewing, we are also a reliable partner when it comes to designing, building, recycling and carefully maintaining sustainability throughout a vessel’s lifetime. Wallenius Marine employs some 1,000 Swedish and international crewmembers as well as about 60 land-based co-workers in Sweden and Singapore.
To further strengthen our position on the market and to gain additional success as a leader in modern and sustainable ship management, we are now looking for an Environment & Quality Coordinator. The position is based in Stockholm and frequent travelling will be required.
This is a permanent position with immediate commencement.
About the position
The main tasks consist of:
- Environment; Initiate and follow up on our improvements in order to develop our work on further reducing our environmental footprint
- Quality coordination; Monitor and maintain our Business Management System. Initiate and engage in further improvement of the system
- Internal Audits; Plan schedule and pre-plan, perform and follow-up internal audits
- External Audits; Administrate external audits, Non-Conformities, and other tasks within our Fleet Management System
- Responsible for issuing and developing the internal newsletter, “Ship Management News & Updates”
Who are you?
You should have a Bachelor of Science in nautical science or equivalent education. It is preferred if you have experience as a Nautical Officer or experience from a similar role in the shipping segment. We will place great significance on personal qualities such as integrity, accuracy and especially your ability to learn quickly. The role demands a high pace at times as well as the ability to adapt to changes. You will need to be able to communicate well in English both in speech and writing. Excellent structure and coordination skills are also crucial to be successful in this role.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest at May 20, 2019.