Wisby Tankers/Wisby Ship Management is a genuine shipping company, owned and managed by the founders. We have the traditional functions of a shipping company in-house, such as ownership, technical management and HR & crewing, HSE-function, ship operation, project development and construction site supervision. Today our managed fleet consists of 18 modern vessels. Our ships represent the highest quality and safety standard with an average age of 5 years.
We now offer a challenging and developing position as Chief Officer in our Wisby Ship Management fleet.
To successfully manage the position as Chief Officer, you need to be motivated to maintain a high level of safety onboard.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person with experience in planning maintenance and the preparation of orders of spare parts. You need to be well experienced in tank cleaning and chemical tanker operations world-wide.
Experience in world-wide trade is required, as well as experience from third party inspections. We believe you are well skilled and experienced in the ISM-systems, Consultas Maintenance systems and IT software in general.
You need to be comfortable and experienced to interact with crew from different nationalities, in all various positions, and to have high degree of self-confidence and the ability to take decisions in demanding complex and high-pressure situations.
It is important that you hold good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good leadership-skills.
We apply the Internationalization agreement.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nautical Science
- Valid and updated STCW Manila Certificates
- Excellent English proficiency, both verbal and written
- A minimum of 12 months experience as Chief Officer
Essential certificates required:
- Certificate of competency as Deck Officer Class II (STCW II/3, II/2)
- Certificate of proficiency in Advanced training for oil tanker cargo operations (STCW V/1-1.3)
- Certificate of proficiency in Advanced training for chemical tanker cargo operations (STCW V/1-1.5)
- Certificate of Proficiency for Basic Training (STCW A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4)
- ECDIS IMO model course 1.27
Please apply below.