Chief Officer for bitumen tanker Palanca Rio
Wisby Tankers was founded in the first year of the new millennium and is still owned and managed by the founders. All with a genuine shipping experience and highly involved in the daily operation of our 12 tank vessels.
We have the traditional functions of a shipping company in-house, such as ownership, technical management and crewing, HSE-function, ship operation, project development and construction site supervision and our office is located in Lidköping, Sweden.
We are a flat and modern organization with clearly defined areas of responsibilities, and we keep a close and direct relation to our vessels, our crew, our customers, and our partners.
Through our close management we have been able to improve our way of tanker shipping and adapt to particular requirements. We can ensure our customers and partners a safe and efficient transport of cargoes with high environmental values.
We have developed and built our own vessels, meeting the needs of our customers and partners. During the years we have established close relations with strong partners and there is more to come – Our passion is shipping.
One of our long serving Chief Officers has decided to retire and we are therefore recruiting a new Chief Officer for our purpose-built bitumen tanker Palanca Rio. The 13.000 DWT, Marshall Islands-flagged vessel is on a fixed time charter on the American Atlantic Coast, where she carries bitumen between several ports in Canada and the US.
- COC as Chief Officer (or Master) according to STCW II/2 on vessels >3.000 GT.
- Advanced Oil- and Chemical training certification.
- GMDSS GOC certification.
Basic Safety Training, including Advanced Firefighting, PSCRB and Medical First Aid.
- Medical Care certification.
- Valid medical certificate.
- US visa.
- Vaccination against yellow fever.
Preferred experience and training
- Experience with thermal oil heating systems.
- Experience with Kongsberg’s K-Fleet suite (Purchase/Maintenance/Experience).
- Experience of US coastal trade.
- BTM training acc to IMO course 1.22, less than 5 years old.
- Ship security officer certification.
- Safety officer training course.
- Ship handling course.
Employment and contract length
- Full time employment with start in mid-January 2022.
- 10 to 12 weeks onboard, same at home. Paid leave days are accrued at a rate of one day per day onboard.
- SBF INT agreement
Recruitment is ongoing. Please send your application as soon as possible to [email protected], including CV, references, certificate list, sea service record and availability date.
Incomplete applications can unfortunately not be processed.