Ballast water management system is seen as one of the big growth potential markets in the maritime industry. We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer for our Ballast Water Management System – Alfa Laval PureBallast. – So, what are you going to do today?
Ballast water treatment is no longer tomorrow’s issue. As legislation enters into force, more customers than ever are negotiating and installing their ballast water management systems. PureBallast was developed by Alfa Laval and Wallenius Water in 2006. Since then more than 1300 systems have been sold and around 800 commissioned. PureBallast is now in an expansive phase, looking to expand our devoted team.
About the job
- Performing R&D activities related to PureBallast system, components, and subcomponents
- Execute electrical design, drawings and technical documentation needed for production
- Subject matter expert for explosion proof design and installation solutions on vessels that meet ATEX/IEC Ex requirements
- Perform test, verification and design reviews
- Technical support for electrical design
- Stay up to date with new technologies, design methods, and tools
What you know
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience from electrical design in maritime or industrial environment is a preference
- Experience of explosion-proof design
- Experience in EPLAN for electrical design drawings
- Fluent in English – both oral and written
- Creative, self-driven and outgoing
- Strong communication skills
- A team player who is ready to help and cover for colleagues
- Proactive approach to tasks and high motivation to solve problems
What’s in it for you?
We offer an interesting job in a global company, with an international outlook and network where you have a possibility to make difference for the marine environment. A challenging and satisfying job for a talented engineer. You will be part of a highly motivated R&D team working with the PureBallast product. The position is located in Tumba close to Stockholm and you will report to the Engineering Manager, PureBallast.
For more information, please contact
Peter Nordström, Engineering Manager, +46 702 177 749
Peter Sahlén, R&D Manager, +46 703 535 423
Melissa Erazo, HR Partner, +46 761 265 760
Susanne Jonsson, Akademikerna, +46 704 537 225
Bruno Smolic, Unionen, +46 708 525 217
Please send your application no later than 31st July 2017 at www.alfalaval.se/karriar/lediga-tjanster/vacancy-details/?adId=8798. Interviews will be held continuously.Ansök nu